For the first time in Ukraine, women professionals in the field of nuclear energy were awarded: the 10 best at the “WiN Ukraine Award” and a special award from the President of WiN Ukraine.
As part of the II Annual Conference “Women in Nuclear Ukraine”, that took place in Kyiv on November 27, 2020, the First WiN Ukraine Award Ceremony was held, founded by WiN Ukraine President Margaryta Rayets and Vice President Anastasia Nechitaylo.
The First WiN Ukraine Award is the beginning of a good tradition for motivating and empowering women working in the nuclear sphere of Ukraine.
As a result of the previous competition among women working in various fields of nuclear energy, with relevant competencies, experience and achievements, the winners were determined in the following nominations:
- Amosova Tetyana Volodymyrivna – Director for Projects and Investment Programs of SE “Energoatom”;
- Savastra Angela Viktorivna – Deputy Director General for Economics and Finance of SUNPP;
- Tripaylo Ruslana Fedorivna – Deputy Head of the SNRSU – Deputy Chief State Inspector for Nuclear and Radiation Safety of Ukraine.
- Sinitsa Halyna Orestivna – Head of the Personnel Development Department of RNPP.
- Synovets Polina Andriivna – Head of the Odessa Center for Non-Proliferation, Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- Kuznetsova Tamara Yukhimivna – Head of the Department of Physical Protection of the National Research Center “Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology”;
- Zinkevych Lyubov Ivanivna – Head of the Department for Decommissioning of the Chornobyl NPP and Radioactive Waste Management of SAUEZM;
- Bila Kateryna Olehivna – Deputy Director-Head of the Department of PTS and Export Control of the Department of International Security of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Kutuzova Tetyana Yakivna – Head of the Emergency Preparedness and Radiation Protection Department – State Inspector of the Department for Safety of Nuclear Installations;
- Yaresko Renata Serhiivna – Head of the Public Relations Department of SE
The award in the special nomination from WiN Ukraine for significant contribution to the development of nuclear energy was awarded to Natalia Klos, Chief Specialist of the Critical Infrastructure and Nuclear Security Policy Coordination Division of the Directorate General for Security and Critical Infrastructure Sustainability of the Directorate for Strategic Management and European Integration Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, as well as part- time director of regional cooperation and development WiN Ukraine.
“Presentation of the First Prize” WiN Ukraine Award “is a confident start on the way to expanding the representation of women in the field of nuclear energy, because receiving such an award will be a great motivation for new professional achievements in this field. I express my sincere gratitude to all those who joined the organization and holding of this event, in particular to our charming nominees and winners, who make great efforts every day to develop Ukrainian and global nuclear sector, ” said Margaryta Rayets.
Commemorative awards were presented to the nominees by Deputy Minister of Energy of Ukraine Yevhen Vladimirov and Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Ihor Harbaruk.
The ceremony was surrounded by representatives of the State and Government, public and political organizations of Ukraine, USA, Sweden, Norway, Great Britain.
The event was organized by the Ukrainian office of the global network “Women in Nuclear Global” – “WiN Ukraine”, with the support of Swedish and Norwegian regulators and the US Embassy.